Single Tooth Dental Implants – Torrington, CT
Close the Gap for Improved Oral Health
It is not uncommon for individuals with a single missing tooth to choose not to replace it. They may reason that
tooth replacement is not worth the time and money, especially since they can still chew without too much discomfort.
Aesthetics may not even be a concern. However, such thinking is dangerous. Even a single missing tooth can open the
door for serious oral health problems. The bone that once supported the tooth will begin to deteriorate, and the
adjacent teeth may drift out of place. Bite misalignment and even further tooth loss could occur.
Dr. Kuzmin at Torrington Dental Care may be able to help you prevent such issues via a single tooth dental implant.
Why Choose Torrington Dental Care for Single Tooth Implants?
- Comprehensive dental implant services in one location
- Experienced, accomplished dentist
- Beautiful, custom-made restorations
Single Tooth Replacement Options
If you are missing a single tooth, one of the following treatments may be suitable for you:
- Fixed bridge. A fixed bridge contains three parts: two dental crowns, which fit over the
next to the empty space (the abutment teeth), and an artificial tooth between the crowns that fills in the
Many patients choose to receive a fixed bridge because the treatment is relatively fast and affordable. It
prevent dental drift and restore full dental function. When a bridge is made out of porcelain, it can even
provide natural-looking aesthetics.
- Single tooth dental implant. A dental implant is a small titanium post that acts as a
substitute for the root of the missing tooth. Dr. Kuzmin inserts the implant into the jawbone in a minimally
invasive surgery. As the bone recovers from the surgery, it forms a bond with the implant. After that bond
well-established (which may take a few months), Dr. Kuzmin designs a custom crown to go on top of the
and replace the visible portion of the lost tooth.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
While both dental implants and fixed bridges can provide reliable tooth replacement, Dr. Kuzmin typically
dental implants as the superior solution for a number of reasons:
- Placing a fixed bridge requires that a portion of the abutment teeth’s enamel be filed away. Because
implant is self-supporting, it allows patients to retain as much of their natural dentition as possible.
- A dental implant has the potential to last for 30 years or longer, while a fixed bridge may last for just 10
years or so.
- A dental implant looks, functions, and feels like a natural tooth. You can also care for it in much the same
as you would care for a natural tooth.
- A dental implant stimulates the jawbone and helps it to remain thick and whole. A fixed bridge does not
bone health benefits.
Contact Torrington Dental Care Today
Are you ready to replace your single missing tooth? Dr. Kuzmin is ready to help. Contact
Torrington Dental Care today to schedule